Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFDebug.lvlib:Generate Trace.vi causing error in LabVIEW Application Builder

Solved!
Go to solution

I had the same issue with automated/unattended builds.

The solution working for me was to just mass compile the respective directory "LabVIEW %year%\resource\AFDebug"

-Benjamin

(2,337 Views)

Although it's not a perfect solution (because it removes message tracing... derp) I have a copy of LabVIEW 2017\vi.lib\ActorFramework in my main source directory and just removed the calls to the Generate Trace VIs.

After a couple of reloads and perhaps some Resolve Conflicts windows to avoid dependencies on vi.lib files (I might have had to move the Actor Framework folder completely out of the vi.lib whilst doing this) I now have an Actor Framework library with no dependencies on AFDebug or Actor Framework.lvlib in vi.lib (only the Error Codes function in vi.lib, if I recall correctly).

This has been worthwhile for my PPL building efforts but does limit debugging with DETT.

GCentral
Message 12 of 14
(2,332 Views)

Hi All,

I have exactly the same problem as already described.  I am compiling my project under LV 2018.  I got the same warning popup as described, so I took the recommended action and replaced the AFDebug folder with that from 2016.  Then a mass compile.

The result, on building my project, was that there was no warning popup.  That is the good bit. 

The bad bit is that, on running the .exe it crashed out in exactly the same way as before. The root actor front panel opened, but the code behind it does not appear to be running.  I added popups to check

Investigation continues.

Regards,

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(2,167 Views)

To save others some trouble in the future, let me share my bit. The proposed solution - migrating to 2017 SP1 - did, like reported by others as well, not solve the problem. I still got the error/warning during building. 

However, after a lot of building cycles I finally came up with a solution, actually two to be honest. As you probably know from the warning message, the problem is that AFDebug\Generate Trace.vi is loaded from the building directory of the executable, not from the vlib directory.

So, one solution for me is to manually open Generate Trace.vi from the vlib. With that it is loaded in memory, and apparently when you now do a build while this VI is open, the right reference to Generate Trace.vi is made, and the building process is not interrupted by the warning.

Another, maybe more convenient solution is to select the building flag "Modify project library file after removing unused members" in the Additional Exclusions section of the build properties. That did also the trick. I guess since I don't use the AF Debug this part including Generate Trace.vi was removed from source library, so the builder didn't try to make a reference link at all.

If you still have that problem I hope my solutions will help you too. I probably don't need to tell you how annoying this building bug is.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,503 Views)