Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate Sine wave on analog port of myRIO

Where should I place SimulateSignal Express VI?

I am New to LabVIEW FPGA Plz Guide

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 28
(2,799 Views)

Hi manya,

If you have LabVIEW 2017, use the NI Example Finder to load up the example Express VI - Amplitude and Level Measurements.vi. This demonstrates how to simply use the Simulate Signal Express VI inside a while loop. You can also read the Using the Simulate Signal Express VI to Generate Waveforms article and the Simulate Signal Express VI Help page.

If you're using the FPGA Module, use the NI Example Finder to load up the project Customized FPGA Signal Generator.lvproj. You can also read the Sine Wave Generator Express VI Help page to learn more.

Mike B.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 28
(2,784 Views)

As you suggested, I have used Customized FPGA Signal Generator.lvproj.  to generate signal. Thanks

I have Attched code pic here, I want to generate sine waveform and diplay on the oscilloscope but I  able to get  DC levels  on Oscilloscope Scope. 

How to get Contineouse sine signal on Oscilloscope for given Code ?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 28
(2,779 Views)

I see from your screenshot that you're using a MathScript Node. What happens when you run a more simplistic example with, say, a sine wave? You can read the Analog Output Express VI Help page to better understand how the VI is used. Reviewing 1 Sample versus N Samples Modes (myRIO Toolkit) may also be helpful to make sure you're sampling the way you're expecting. Additionally, it may prove useful to review the code posted by users earlier in this thread.

Mike B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 28
(2,768 Views)

Dear, I am new to LabVIEW FPGA.  plz Send me relevant Video tutorials links for high throughput programming. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 28
(2,756 Views)

You can watch tutorial videos at Getting Started With LabVIEW FPGA. The Getting Started with the FPGA Module Help pages are also a good place to begin learning.

Mike B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 28
(2,753 Views)

hello,

We have  generated  sine wave Successfully Thank You very much..

but We want to further modify our code so initially we want to add "for loop" in mathscript node,

when we have added for loop for further  manipulations, the sine waveform is not coming properly .

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 28
(2,707 Views)

hello,

We have  generated  sine wave Successfully Thank You very much..

but We want to further modify our code so initially we want to add "for loop" in mathscript node,

when we have added for loop for further  manipulations, the sine waveform is not coming properly .

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 28
(2,703 Views)

Hello,

I have downloaded a LabVIEW code to Ni MY RIO 1900

which has maths script node with for loop inside node but I could not get output waveform properly.

This is because of use of for loop inside maths script node. MY RIO BECOMES TOO SLOW.

Please guide

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 28
(2,701 Views)

Hello manya,

I believe it is easier for the community to help out if you also provide the image of the changes you made to your code.

Additionally, what do you mean by the myRIO becoming too slow? Do you see a 100% CPU usage? Have you benchmarked the node/VI that is giving you problems? How fast do you need it to go vs. how fast it is actually running?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 28
(2,695 Views)