From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What types of LabVIEW right-click menu features do you want to create?

Probe Watch Table Functions:

1. Select multiple wires, R-Clk and select a universal type custom probe

2. Probes are inserted into all the wires at once (saves time over going to the menu on each wire)

3. The probes each have a Variant Queue on the inside, that passes data to the Watch Table Manager (WTM)

4. If the Watch Table Manager dialog is not open, then open it

5. Register the group of probes, their wire locations, etc as a group in the Watch Table.

6. WTM allows option to save group definitions as a Probe Config File

7. R-Clk on a blank spot on a VI diagram and get a list of WTM pre-defined groups for that VI in submenu, apply as selected

8. Manage groups to combine groups for VIs in a project

9. R-Clk on a probed wire and get option to delete all probes in associated group.

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 53
(1,771 Views)

I think watching this FTP link is worthwhile:

ftp://ftp.ni.com/pub/devzone/NI_Labs/VI%20Scripting.zip

It is empty so far.

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 53
(1,771 Views)

LOL.. pure teasing!!

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 53
(1,771 Views)

As I was working on an FPGA application yesterday, I realized a great tool would be the ability to select an FPGA IO Node and a Build Array function and have it automatically size the Build Array with the proper number of terminals and wire them all.

This is a setup I use quite a bit on FPGA to pass data into a DMA. Would save a lot of clicks.

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 53
(1,771 Views)

The JKI team wants to let everyone know that we are working hard to get the right-click framework released, now that scripting has been publicly released!  We’ve got a few loose strings to tie up, but hopefully it won’t take long, so stay tuned.  We're totally motivated by all the excitement and great feedback we've already received from everyone thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 53
(1,771 Views)

The ability to convert a 'c' style enum string (BD constant) to a LabVIEW enum.

LAVA forums discussion ->

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 53
(1,771 Views)

While developing OO code, it may be useful some "Insert member VI"  pop-up when the user right-clicks the object wire.It would be nice

either to have access to base class members from the same inteface.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
LV 8.2 at Windows & Linux

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 53
(1,771 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 53
(1,669 Views)

http://www.screencast.com/t/78XOrdpd

Here's a screen cast of what I've done so far.

Pat

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 53
(1,669 Views)

Lavezza wrote:

Here's a screen cast of what I've done so far.

Pat

Hey Pat,

Very nice work!  Great job decoding the DPID with brute force!

The operations you've shown in the video should plug into the RCF in a very straight-forward way, keep up the great work.

I'll make sure that the JKI team sees your video.

Thanks,

-Jim

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 53
(1,669 Views)