Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Champion: Matt Fitzsimons

Name:

Matt Fitzsimons - CAS_MattF

Home:

Algonquin IL

Programming Languages:

LabVIEW is the only programming language needed.  I have been exclusively programing in LabVIEW for last 12 years.  I play with Arduinos from time to time.

Certification:

Certified LabVIEW Architect - 2006

Used LabVIEW Since:

Applications Areas:

Vision, Data Acquisition, Laser Measurement, Robotics, Motion, Factory Production, and Smart Grid Systems

Biography:

I graduated Illinois Institute of Technology with High Honors with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering.   This was the conclusion of 15 years of night school. My automated test career began at Motorola in the early 1990s working with an incredible group of talented engineers the created wireless networking (802.11).  No one in the group wanted to automate our testing so I stepped up, learned HP Basic, and began my career as an automation test engineer.

I have been fortunate to work with some of the best engineers and managers in the world that have allowed me to become the automation engineer I am today.    I stated with LabVIEW in 2002 when I was working on an application that required image processing.  LabVIEW was a natural fit for this application. 

I have been actively involved in FIRST robotics for the last 8 years.  I have done team mentoring, officiating, and floating team mentor to help any team as needed.  I encourage all to become active in engineering and help us solve our technological challenges. I am current the chairman of the Chicago LabVIEW User Group where we get feedback from the community on topics for our meetings.  Our attendance continues to increase and we won the Lug Nut Best LabVIEW User Group of the Year.  I want to thank Mark Balla who started the Chicago user group and everyone on the committee that makes these meetings possible.

NI has had my back from the beginning and had always provided the tools and support I needed to become successful.  I created my own automation company in 2006 and became an NI Alliance Partner.  I have worked on a vast array of applications from simplistic to complex.  The journey continues and LabVIEW is the only programming language I need to be successful.

Discussion Groups:

Certified LabVIEW Architects, LabVIEW Champions, NI Forums, Chicago LabVIEW

Contributors