From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert from Clipboard

This plugin as the same beaviour of the original Insert but it add the capability to insert an element from the clipboard. It support 1 element in clipboard.

New Release : Resolve issue by inserting VI from project

LabVIEW ChampionArchitect
Message 1 of 9
(9,346 Views)

EDIT: I'm crazy this works great thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,623 Views)

Your not crazy ... I have corrected the problem with multiple joints.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,623 Views)

I have uploaded a 2012 version

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,623 Views)

I hope that Darren see this and make it official for LV2015

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,623 Views)

Dany,

A sincere thank you for implemeting this.  Works great!

Certified LabVIEW Architect
TestScript: Free Python/LabVIEW Connector

One global to rule them all,
One double-click to find them,
One interface to bring them all
and in the panel bind them.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,623 Views)

Been using this for a while and thanks again.  One minor issue I've seen is if I drop a polymorphic VI on the block diagram, then copy it to my clipboard, then invoke an insert, instead of the polymorphic VI being inserted, the currently selected instance is inserted.  Same with the replace.

A solution is in where you check to see if the one reference from the Select List is valid, you then use the to more specific to go to a SubVI.  I added code which first sees what the class name is.  If it is a PolymorphicSubVI then read the polymorphic VI reference, and get the path of that for the insert or replace.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,623 Views)

Great suggestion, feel free to update it. I don't have enough spare time to look at it

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,623 Views)

So I made a new version of this which doesn't rely on replacing the native insert, and supports having multiple objects in your clipboard.  I choose to make a new thread instead of updating this one, because the technique is so different that I didn't want it to get confusing with multiple attachments for new and old versions that work differently in the same thread.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,623 Views)