Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting the input voltage on a wsn-3226 ?

Hi everybody,

I own several wsn-3226 that are mostly deployed on bridges for SHM applications. I was asked to add a pyranometer on one of them. The output of a pyranometer is pretty low and average about 0.2V. If I connect that on a wsn-3226, the 10V range will probably cuts a lot on the precision of the sensor.

I know that the wsn-3202 have a selectable range, but since I already have a couple channels available on my 3226 and even a couple spare 3226, I wonder if there is a way to reduce the input range on a wsn-3226.

Thank you

Mathieu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,871 Views)

Hi Mathieu,

There is not a way to change the input range for the NI WSN-3226. For a reduced range you would need to use the NI WSN-3202. You could try using something like an op amp to boost the signal before you input into the AI of the 3226. The Sensor power output on the 3226 can supply 50mA @ 12V. So you could use that as a supply for an op amp. 

Cheers,

Brian A

R & D Product Support Engineer | WSN/Network DAQ/Academic

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,868 Views)

Thank you Brian,

I never used an op amp before. But I think that I will give it a try, it could be useful for other applications. Do you recommend a particular model that you know is working well ?

Thanks again

Mathieu

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,862 Views)