VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virtual bench poweres up by itself

Hello

My virtual bench poweres up by itself after some time after I switch it off by pressing the push button on the front.

Firmware ver: 1.1.0f1.

Harish

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,943 Views)

VirtualBench will go into the "on" state when AC power is applied, regardless of what it state it was in when power was lost.

One consequence of this is that if you lose AC power, then when power is restored, VirtualBench will always turn back "on" even if it was "off".

——
Brandon Streiff
ni.com/compactdaq · ni.com/daq
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,931 Views)

If the VB is powered off, USB is disconnected and the power cable is plugged in then I can see periodically for a few seconds a voltage of 3.3V and 1.8V at the 3.3V DIO pin and the DC power pins !!!

Why does the VB deliver power to my connected circuit when I powered the VB off?

vb version.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,016 Views)

Hi stefan6973,

The front panel power button doesn't disconnect AC power from the device or fully power it off.  This is intentional to allow the device to sustain it's internal temperature to prevent the need for additional warmup time after the device is powered off.  The power button puts the device in a standby state to reduce the power consuption, but the device will wake up for a short time occasionally to sustain the internal temperature.  When this happens, the power rails will come up briefly.  If you need to completely disconnect power from the external rails, the best way is to disconnect AC power from the back of the device, as detailed in the specifications manual:

2016-05-13_103332.png

Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
Message 4 of 4
(4,003 Views)