cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need replacement for RoboRIO 2.0 with Unrecoverable Error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

We powered off our robot and powered it back on today to do another practice match and we couldn't connect from the driver station to the RoboRIO 2.0.  The status light was flashing.  We tried pressing and holding the reset button.  We tried a complete power off and back on (several times). We tried flashing a new SD card using the approved instructions.  None of these worked.

We replaced the RoboRIO 2 with a spare RoboRIO 2 using the original SD card, and it booted up fine and worked.

Can you do an RMA on this failed RoboRIO 2?  It was purchased new in the fall of 2023.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(256 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Programming4907

Hi Programming4907,

My name is Jessica, I'm with NI. I see that your roboRIO 2.0 has been consistently blinking. Before concluding that the device is malfunctioning, let's try opening the device from by removing the cover from the bottom (4 screws) and clean it using compressed air, especially the SD card slot. A continuously flashing Status LED in the roboRIO 2.0 normally indicates the device is not able to boot properly, likely because the SD card is not being read.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(212 Views)

Ok, we'll give that a try.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(202 Views)

We took it all apart.  There didn't seem to be any debris (because we'd taped up all the connectors).  Still, we tried blowing out everything with compressed air, including around the SD card reader in particular, put it all back together, and we were able to power it up, connect with USB, and configure it, and it's working again.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(181 Views)