Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Switch Executive in TS with space in virtual device name

Hi,

how is it possible to adapt (programatically) an existing TS Switch Step where the "virtual device name" has been composed with a space and is not allowed with Switch Executive 2.1.
In fact I should ensure version compatibility with sequence created with Switch Executive 1.0.2 configuration using space in "virtual device name".

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards

Emmanuel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,011 Views)
Hi,

In fact the problem you have is to import your "Virtual device name" created with Switch executive 1.02 that the name has space in switch executive 2.01.
When you import you configuration, you need to write the name (with space) into the box for "virtual device name" and after you can use it in TestStand with this name.

Regards,

Christophe S.
Account Manager East of France І Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer І National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,965 Views)

Hello Christophe,

I agree with you how but with spaces in the virtual device name, how could you activate "Terminer" grayed button ?

How do you have created "mon toto" virtual device name in foreground windows ? (with NISE v1.0.2 ?)

Thank you for your tests,

Emmanuel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,958 Views)

Hi,

I have make the test with Switch executive 2.01.

I have import a configuration, give the name "mon toto", and after i can click on next button for import the configuration.

Regards,

Christophe S.
Account Manager East of France І Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer І National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,954 Views)