From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting two 1-wire channels to a 2-Wire channel in Switch Executive

I have a custom IVI 24x16 matrix and will be using the channels in groups of 2 and 4.  I would like to connect these 2 and 4-wire signals to the AB0 and AB1 inputs of a PXI-2503 multiplexer.  In Switch Executive all the signals of my matrix are characterized as 1-wire, but the PXI-2503 multiplexer inputs are characterized as 2 and 4-wire when in those respective modes. I can't figure out how to configure these as hardwires or buses so that Switch Executive will allow me to select one endpoint as the matrix and one as the multiplexer output.

-Andy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,866 Views)
Andy,

At this time, Switch Executive does not have support for creating routes that span channels with different wire modes. As a work around, you could create routes for individual legs of a route that have uniform wire mode, and then group them into route groups. This way you will lose some of the auto-routing otherwise available to you when you have uniform wire mode, but you will still have the flexibility of having named routes in your application.

I hope this helps,

-Serge
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,861 Views)

Andy,

To add to Zrdan comments, I would like to suggest this Knowledge Base entry:

Can Switch Executive Connect One Row of a 2-Wire Matrix to Two Different Channels of a 1-Wire Switc...

There are a couple work arounds.

Guy Ferraro
Switch Product Support Engineer
NI - USA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,854 Views)