SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EZ430-rf2500 TI motes

Hi,

I want to use LabVIEW signalexpress to read out the data from the TI ez430-rf4300 motes. The radio is set to be the access point and will be receiving data from five sensors. The mote has a USB serial port. My question is: Do I need a DAQ devices to import the data from the radio or just plug the radio onto the computer?

Thank you,

Qiliang,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,235 Views)

Hi, Qiliang.

SignalExpress can be used to control 3rd party instruments, as referenced in the following KnowledgeBase:  Third Party Instrument Control in Signal Express.  Unfortunately, an instrument driver for the TI ez430-rf3400 is not available.  You do have the option to request an instrument driver for the TI ez430-rf3400 at ni.com/idnet.  

Let me know if you need any more information.  I hope you're having a great day!

Regards,

Sara Lewandroski
Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,223 Views)

Dear Sara,

I also have the same request as Quiliang just that I am willing to use either Signal Express or LabVIEW to get the readings of my data. Please how can I go about it as I am already closing up on the deadline for the project. Please can you be of assistance? Thank you.

Operations, Hookes Electric Limited
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,292 Views)

Hello hookes,

We do not currently have an instrument driver for your device. You can request that a driver be developed for your device by going to www.ni.com/idnet

Request.jpg

Regards,

Jeff L.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,283 Views)

Well, I was finally able to get it to work using the NI-VISA. I also got some output from the device. Sharing the code soon. 🙂

Operations, Hookes Electric Limited
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,131 Views)

Hi Hookes2,

I am also looking for a labview VI for TI EZ430 RF2500 for data acquisition application.

It would be very helpful for me if you could share the VI in this forum.

Thanking you!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,515 Views)

I still could not find an example or driver for that device. However, you can take a look to the following document abot creating a USB device driver with VISA and try to develop a VI from scratch.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4478/en/

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,499 Views)