Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write a period for pulse generator?

Solved!
Go to solution
Our pulse generator (Quantum composer 9514) can read via :PULSE0:PER ... only integers, so I couldn't write decimal periods neither with hyperterminal nor from NI. What is a problem?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,285 Views)

I don't know what you mean by 'nor from NI'. You should be using the driver. The driver is sending a decimal (i.e. :pulse0:per 0.1) to the instrument to set the pulse period. If you send this exact command, what kind of error does the instrument return?

p.s. In the future, you would want to post new questions to the Instrument control board. This board is Additional NI Product Boards>Signal Generators. You have a signal generator but it's not from NI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,274 Views)

Hi! When I write to the buffer through hyperterminal, then no error occurs (it's "ok"), but the dot is not read (e.g. 0.1 gives 1; 2.1 gives 21).

I checked my (language) settings and tried with commas, don't help so far. With the driver you mentioned, there is an error message 5, i.e.:

Utility Write to Instrument.vi

Error 5: Invalid Parameter

Command/Query Sent::PULS1:MUX 1.000000

May be I missed something? Anyway thanks for reply!

PS. next time I'll use the right board, I'm just a villager (not a knight) here.))

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,246 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author harley-alex
I would suggest that you also turn on NI-Spy to see what is actually being sent. If it matches what you send in Hyperterminal and matches the format that is in the instrument manual, it would be time to contact the instrument vendor.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,243 Views)