VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than 1 output variable for a sequence?

Solved!
Go to solution

Can a real time sequence have more than 1 output variable I could retreive from the LV API. At the moment it looks like the API vi return a reference for the output variable, so it looks like just one...

No cluster or anything like that, eh ? Maybe an array could be used, assumning one keeps track  of each element ( who is who)  ?

L.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,833 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LDBM

Unfortunately only one return variable can be returned for each sequence, and it currently cannot be an array type.

You can pass additional data back through parameters mapped to user channels in your system definition.

Another idea that comes to mind but seems a little odd is that you can programmatically deploy multiple real-time sequences together in a group (the API calls it a Stimulus Profile Session). These sequences all run at the same time and start at the same time, supposing they are on the same RT Target. You could craft it in such a way that you deploy extra sequences to have extra return variables available. But you'd have to manage synchronizing when they stop and such, or when they calculate their respective return variables.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,829 Views)

By the way, when a sequence called by another sequence fails (Pass=false), how can I make the profile respond and stop? (I checked the box.)   - Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,337 Views)