NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i create an excel report from testand 3.5 using labview?

I have a teststand sequence that generates a large text report (can be up to 27Mb!) . We need to be able to have the results relate to the test procedure. To do this we need to create a custom report generator to make a excel report file with all relvant information in including section numbers,description limits and test results,

Is there a sensible way to do this?

Many thanks
Please remember to accept any solutions and give kudos, Thanks

LV 8.6.1, LV2010,LV2011SP1, FPGA, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,417 Views)
Hi Akiel,

I hope you are doing well today! First, you will need to create a LabVIEW program which creates the report in Excel. You can do this by using ActiveX in LabVIEW. More information about that can be found at Using ActiveX with LabVIEW. I would recommend you to look into the LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit, which is a library of flexible, easy-to-use VIs for programmatically creating and editing Microsoft Word and Excel reports from LabVIEW. This takes care of all the ActiveX talk for you. After that, you will have to overwrite/edit the Test Report sequence in the Process Model to generate the report in LabVIEW. I just want to let you know that this will be tedious work. Is there a reason you want the whole report to be generated in Excel? If you just want some values, that will be a lot more easier and can be easily done in post-step. Good luck with your application!
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
Message 2 of 4
(3,397 Views)
Many thanks,

We need the file in a spreadsheet format so we can analise the data easily, at present its very difficult to perform this kind of study

Please remember to accept any solutions and give kudos, Thanks

LV 8.6.1, LV2010,LV2011SP1, FPGA, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,382 Views)
To make it easier to analyze data, I would recomend that you use the built-in database logging in addition to or instead of the text report. You can easily import the results of a query into Excel though with the size of your files, Excel may not be up to the task. You could also consider using XML. Excel can import XML data.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,372 Views)