NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Loader from different Excel worksheets

I'm developing a test sequence for a family of products; I created an Excel limit file for each part number in the family and I'm loading them using the "Property Loader".

I'd like to have a single Excel file with many worksheets instead of a file for each part number. Is there a way to load the test limits from the Excel file according to the worksheet name?

Thanks,

Mfg. Test Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,177 Views)

Hey Hecuba,

Unfortunately, there currently isn't a way to specify a sheet in an Excel spreadsheet for the property loader. This does require you to create a different file for each part number, as you mentioned that you've done.

I hope that helps, and let me know if you have any more questions about the property loader!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,154 Views)

Yes it helped, thank you. And yes, I have another question about Property Loader.

I have not completely clear how the scope of the different variables work with the Property Loader. The TestStand example PropertyLoader.seq calls the Property Loader step in the PreUUTLoop callback and imports Local variables of other 3 sequences. How the variables are set locally in a sequence that it is not called yet? Then, is it possible to call Local variables form different sequences?

I appreciate your support.

Thanks,

Mfg. Test Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,116 Views)

Hey Hecuba,

The property loader is a bit unique in terms of what it's able to access. It can load values for Local variables in other sequences as you've seen, but you are not able to call Local variables from other sequences. The best way to pass data between sequences is to use Parameters wherever possible, and when that is not possible, File Globals or Station Globals can be used to pass data.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,087 Views)