NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check in Mainsequence if SequenceFileLoad was pass?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

is there a built-in variable that i can query in the mainsequence if the SeqeunceFileLoad of the seqeuncefile was passed or failed?

Or do i have to create a custom varible?

I testst the RunState-SequenceFailed for True but this variable is not affected by SeqFileLoad.

Thx.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,218 Views)

I'm curious what is in your SequenceFileLoad that will make the UUT pass or fail?  Pass or fail status should be related to whether or not the UUT was good.  If you have issues with loading the sequence file it should really throw an error. 

What do you want to happen if the file load fails?  Maybe if you could give some more insight into your goal with this then I could help provide a better solution.  I mean there are a thousand ways this could go here.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,165 Views)

The SequenceFileLoad contains instruments initialization steps.

In the mainsequence I want to create an "if (SequenceFileLoad.IsFailed) goto End" to not execute the measurement steps if instruments are not ready/powered off.

So i want to skip all UUT tests if SequenceFileLoad was failed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,148 Views)

I never thought I'd see a use case for these but you could use temporary global variables.  I've attached an example on how this is done.  Let me know if you have any questions.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 4 of 6
(2,132 Views)

Hi jigg,

can you attach the file in TS 2017?

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,115 Views)