NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error viewing variables tab in Runtime Operator Interface

Solved!
Go to solution

We have developed a runtime operator interface in dotNet based on the NI fully featured source code.  We are using TestStand 4.2 with the custom sequence editor license which allows us to edit sequences within the runtime operator interface.  I have installed this on about 8 PC's running Windows XP SP3, along with various user components such as type palettes and a custom sequential model.  I have used an automated installer on each of the PC's so have followed the same process.  

On all but two of the PC's the runtime operator interface works absolutely fine. On the other two PC's, I get the following error when trying to view the variables tab during the runtime execution.  "One or more errors have occurred.  Please save your work and restart the application."  The error is repeated every time I run the operator interface have tried un-installing and re-installing TestStand on the affected machines without success. Affected machines seem to be running the same software components as those that work - but something must be different! 

Does anyone know what might be the source of this error so that I know where to start looking?

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,587 Views)

Hello David,

Since it seems to work on most of the computers, I believe it could be something in the computer that could be causing the problem. I was wondering what the differences are between the working computer and the non working one? One main thing I would check is the .NET framework that is installed on the computers. You want to check to see if it is the same on the working computer and problem computer. If it is not, I would install the same framework on the problem computers that are on the working computers. If this doesn't help I was wondering if you could post the other differences and a screen shot of the error you are getting. Have a great day!

Best Regards,

Adam G 

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,566 Views)

I have noticed similiar error using standard OI that shipped with TestStand 4.1.1

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,485 Views)
Solution
Accepted by David_Jackson

Hi Mark,

Have you looked at the knowledgebase here. It seems to be resolved by installing the full version of the .NET framework 4 or by manually registering the TSDotNetUIControls.dll type library using the .NET Framework 2 RegAsm.exe. Let me know if this is helpful.

Raj
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,463 Views)

Hello Raj,

Thanks for the link to the knowledge base article.  I can confirm that the only PC's which had the problem did not have the full .NET 4 framework installed.  Installing the full framework, then running the TestStand Version Selector to activate TestStand 4.2 fixed the problem.

We've been having this problem intermittently for the last couple of years so its great to have it fixed now.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,445 Views)