NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a StepType into a subfolder on the InsertionPalette

Hi,

is there a way to add custom StepTypes, no only on a folder in the InsertionPalette, but all together (grouped) in a subfolder ?

Currently, I'm able to add my custom StepTypes in a 'MenuGroupName' on the root level of the Insertion Palette (see 'MY GROUP1'and 'MY GROUP2'), but I'd like to add all my StepTypes in a common folder ('MY STEPTYPES').

And I want to achieve this from code (C#).

Anyone ?

INSERTION PALETTE
- Tests
  |- Pass/Fail Test
- LavVIEW Utility
  |-Check..
- MY_STEPTYPES
  |-MY_GROUP1
     |-Action1
     |-Action2
  |-MY_GROUP2
     |-Action3
     |-Action4

TIA
Franky

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,420 Views)

Right-click on the control and choose customize. A dialog will help you make more complex settings. Resave all type palettes with your types before redistributing them. The insertion palette menu settings are saved with every type palette and when you then move the type palette to another machine it will try to place the step types in a best fit match given the types on the other machine (as long as your types have never been on the machine before). The settings are also saved in testexec.ini. If a type exists in the settings in testexec.ini that is used instead of the settings in the type palette. so to reset things you need to delete or remove the menu settings from testexec.ini

Hope this helps,

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,390 Views)

Thanks Doug,

but I want to achieve this from code (C#).

Any idea ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,387 Views)

why do you want to achieve this from C#? Are you programmatically creating your step types?

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,370 Views)

Hi Doug,

yes, indeed, the step types are created programmatically and that works fine.

The problem is that the new Step Types are just added to the Insertion Palette, each in his own menu group, on the root level.

We want to add our Step types not on the root level, but in a common folder (all automatic, without user-interaction).

In other words: I want to add a new Group in the Insertion Palette and adding then all my Step Types into that Group.

All this must be done programmatically (C#).

Any idea ?

TIA

Franky

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,367 Views)

There is no supported way to do what you are asking that I am aware of.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,340 Views)