NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX Control - Font Property UI

Just want to know if it is possible to change the Font Size programmatically from TestExec.

I want to be able to change the Font size depending on the number of sockets that the user will use. The higher the socket, the smaller the font and vice versa.

Right now I'm using SetCtrlAttribute, but ATTR_TEXT_POINT_SIZE is not an ACTIVEX attribute.

I know that you can use FontProperty as your source but even then, you cannot change the size from what I can find.

anyone have any ideas? See attached pic

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,089 Views)

Hello,

I need to get a bit more info.

What are you trying to change the font of? The UI you are generating? The TestStand sequence editor? The status bar, labels?

The right side of the page below covers the commands required and what properties you might want to change.

NI TestStand User Interface Controls

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373423d.pdf

This link gives an overview of changing the font in the sequence editor.

Change label font

From <http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/change-label-font/td-p/1730938>

Anthony M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,026 Views)

So, I'm just trying to change the size of the Font because if the total socket number is larger, the software will not be able to display all the info without adjusting the font size.

For example, if I set up the font size to 50 when using 2 sockets, I want to change the font size to 30 if there are 6 sockets or more. This way, I am able to display the GUI (TestExec) without any distortion or any cutting of the Texts.

Refer to the 2 pictures that I attached.

I want to be able to resize the font in pic1 so that it fits properly.

Let me know if this helps.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,024 Views)

I see from your images why you desire a smaller font when there are more ports. I am however still unclear on where this is displaying. Please confirm a couple things.

You have mentioned TestExec a couple times are you using TestStand or TestExec?

Where is this Waiting text displayed, a report, in TestStand UI, elsewhere?

Anthony M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,010 Views)

I'm using TestExec as a GUI to display messages from TestStand.

the picture you're seeing is a customized version of TestExec.

but regardless, I don't think that's relavant, as I was asking if it is possible to change the font size from font property source programmatically ... 

not sure how and where the waiting text gets display is relavant. 

based on the first Image, I'm asking if it's possible to change the font size programmatically on an ActiveX control. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,006 Views)

The font size may be able to be changed programmatically. I will be conferring with colleagues about this. How this is done can be dependent on the program you are using though.

How exactly are you attempting to change it now, your first image is a bit unclear.

Anthony M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,965 Views)

The first image that I attached shows how I can change the font size ... by actually going into the UIR and statically changing it. 

Like I mentioned before, I am using TestExec on LabWindows as a GUI interface to talk with TestStand. It is an ActiveX Control and I cannot use the following:

1. ATTR_LABEL_POINT_SIZE

2. ATTR_TEXT_POINT_SIZE

For 1, I don't have a label on my ActiveX Control so that's why it won't change the font size of the Waiting. And for 2, well I would get an error because that attribute is not part of the ActiveX Control type. I get the error in the image attached.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,962 Views)

I believe I have a firm understanding of your question, I will be speaking with colleagues to see if any TestStand developers have done this.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Anthony M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,936 Views)