NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beutlich

Combine Configuration Files during Install

Type Files have a feature to combine files from an install: files prefixed with 'Install_' get merged file existing file (explained here).

I am building a ModelPlugin, and I would like it to be enabled and configured in the Result Processing after install (users should intentionally opt out of using the installed plugin instead of opt-in). The settings are saved in ResultProcessing.cfg, and there is no merge feature available. Placing my own ResultProcessing.cfg will remove any previous settings the user had configured (or other plugins). I would like to be able to place a 'Install_ResultProcessing.cfg' that gets merged upon TestStand launch similar to type files.

- Regards,

Beutlich
2 Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

A similar feature for StationGlobals.ini and Users.ini would also be useful.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
ee-jallen

Yes, this would be great.  We have created many custom plugins and recently updated the Options type on two of them and then upon installation received a type conflict problem because ResultProcessing.cfg stores the type information.