cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero strain readings at the start of a test using Daq Assistant

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi James.

I have been working on this circuit for quite a while. I am using two DAQ Assistants to read strain from CH0 and CH1 of NI 9237 ( DAQ Assistant  is reading CH0 and DAQ Assistant 2 is reading strain from CH1). But everytime i run it i am getting a error " 50103 : The specified resource is reserved ".. what does this mean??.. i have also used a merge option to combine both the graphs in a single Plot. Kindly help me out in figuring this. I have a project due next week. really appreciate it. 

I have also Attached the VI.. kindly have a look at it

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 34
(1,316 Views)
Do NOT use two daq assistants. This is a common error that beginners make and has been discussed numerous times. Use a single assistant with both channels in it. You missed the instructions on how to do this when you created the first assistant but it's easily fixed by opening the first up and clicking on the Add button.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 34
(1,311 Views)

Hi dennis,

I tried that but how do i make them both zero at the start of the experiment once i hit tare button??.. i want them to start with both the strains zero.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 34
(1,302 Views)
Then save the values in two shift registers instead of one like was shown earlier. I never use the evil dynamic data or the daq assistant but you can use the split signal function to get each channel.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 34
(1,296 Views)

Thanks Dennis. worked perfectly

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 34
(1,282 Views)

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for the earlier help. I got two seperate signals in a single graph. But now i want to plot strain 1 data on x axis and strain 2 data on y axis instead of strain 1 and 2 both on y axis so that i get a linear graph for same deflection on both the gauges. Attached is the VI that works well. Can you please tell me how to plot one strain value on x axis and another on y axis in the same graph?

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 34
(1,271 Views)

Instead of the Waveform Graph type, use the XY Graph.  This way you can bundle together the two data, and it will plot one on the X axis and one on the Y.  I would look through the help documentation on the various types of graphs.

-Jim B
Applications Engineer, National Instruments
CLD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 34
(1,268 Views)

Hi James,

I tried bundling the two signals and plotting them on an XY graph. But it is giving me an error " connection of channels of two different types ".

How i get the XY plot?

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 34
(1,257 Views)
Please attach an image of your block diagram do someone can see your mistake.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 34
(1,254 Views)

Here is the block Diagram. I am getting a straight line on X and Y axis. no graph is displayed

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 34
(1,250 Views)