From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero strain readings at the start of a test using Daq Assistant

Solved!
Go to solution

I have been working on a code which utilizes daqmx assistant to read and write strain, temperature and voltage from a cdaq-9174, with cards NI 9211 and NI 9237.  Everything works fine in the code but I want to be able to zero the strain data at the start of a test.

I have been trying to create a way to make it so I click a button and it will zero just the strain data like an autobalance.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 34
(4,433 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author fwowe

Hi Fwowe,

From what I understand, you are trying to to have is a tare. I've programmed a little VI that acomplishes that task.

Take a look at it and tell me what you think.

Best Regards!

Carlos O

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 34
(4,419 Views)

Thanks Carlos that was exactly what I needed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 34
(4,402 Views)

Can you post a picture of your vi? Using LabVIEW 8.5.1, I currently capture the output of the DAQ Assistant in a Waveform Graph and then substract it from the data. This works but sometimes the vi crashes and I'm curious about your solution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 34
(4,247 Views)

Hi djemb!

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards

Carlos O

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 34
(4,239 Views)

Thank you Carlos, do you have a suggestion to do the same thing with DDT? Our DAQ Assitant is configured to collect 6 strains gages at 20 Hz with 5 sample deep buffer.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 34
(4,234 Views)

Hi djemb!

You might want to try to use this code as a subVI in your original program. Take a look here to see how to create subVIs in LabVIEW 2011.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 34
(4,203 Views)

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for the VI that you posted online to zero strain. By using the VI that you provided, i tried to zero out the strain. But i am not able to get any kind of strain readings in the output ( Waveform Chart ). Attached is the block diagram. Can you please suggest me the changes that needs to be made in this

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 34
(4,065 Views)
Your VI is not at all the same as the posted example. Get rid of that inner loop around the DAQ Assistant.
Message 9 of 34
(4,059 Views)

Thank you,

Got rid of it and it is working perfectly fine. I have a question though. How to plot force v/s strain graph in Labview? I have a NI 9237 to measure the strain and a load cell to measure the deflection. Can i know how to synchronize both the signals and get a graph of Force v/s Strain?. I need help with the VI. Would greatly appreciate if you post the VI for me

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 34
(4,036 Views)