From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in output more then 16 waveforms

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, i made a program to output 30 waveforms, but when i try to output more then 16 signals, the program show the error Internal Software Error occurred in MIO software. Please contact National Instruments Support. I am using two NI 9264.

Please help me
Thanks for support

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,248 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fefinhu

What cDAQ chassis are you using?  The cDAQ-9172 only supports 16 hardware timed channels but the other cDAQ chassis don't have a limit unless you are doing on-board regeneration which you aren't.

What version of DAQmx do you have installed?

You should never get that Internal Software Error so that's an issue on the DAQmx side.  I don't have two 9264s at my desk at the momement but I can try it out later to see where the error is coming from.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,229 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fefinhu

Hello MarkGrot, thaks for your response but i am using a cDAQ-9178, and my DAQmx is the latest version.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,226 Views)

I read de manual and my Chassis only can write 16 channels thanks for suport!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,199 Views)

No, your chassis should support >16 hardware timed AO channels.  It looks like we broke that feature in DAQmx 15.1.  I haven't tested it but it looks like it should work in DAQmx 15.0.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,178 Views)

As an update, this issue (reported with CAR ID 549088) was fixed in NI-DAQmx 15.5. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,150 Views)