Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring frequency on DAQmx analog input

Solved!
Go to solution
I have an analog pulse (amplitude varies) connected to my USB-6212 DAQmx device.  I am looking for a way to measure the frequency of the signal.  So far, I have found no DAQmx-supported method for doing this.  I am coding in LabVIEW and the only way I have found to do it is by writing my own code to perform signal analysis of the amplitudes to determine the half-max level to find the rising and falling edges in order to count pulses to derive frequency.  Somebody please tell me there is a better way.  I need help on this one guys.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,541 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kc64

With an analog capture, you can try the Extract Single Tone Information function on the Signal Processing>Waveform Measurements palette. There's also the Tone Measurements Express VI.

Message 2 of 4
(3,537 Views)

Dennis--

Thank you very much.  I'm sort of embarrassed I never recognized that pallette was even there.  Those VIs are going to help me a lot.

Thanks,

kc64

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,495 Views)

I am looking for the Tone Measurement vi but, I get an error message that says "Object Not Found".  Is Signal Express an add-on that must be purchased?  I have the Labview Base Development system, version 11.0, 32-bit.   What do I need to do to get this function?

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,910 Views)