Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop will not detect CDAQ-9133

Solved!
Go to solution

So I've just purchased a CDAQ-9133 system and I've been trying to hook it up to my laptop.  My intent is to run a labview program on the laptop that polls a bunch of sensors attached to the analog inputs (NI 9205) repeatedly, does some signal processing of the data, and then saves the processed data to a CSV file, where it will be used by a MATLAB script that is running concurrently on my laptop.

My problem is that when I've attempted to connect the CDAQ-9133 chassis via USB or via Ethernet, windows doesn't recognize it.  It not only is not visable in NI MAX, but it's not visible in device manger either.

On my laptop I have Windows 7 (SP1) installed, as well as LABVIEW 2017 (32-bit), and DAQmx 17.6.

Does anyone have any idea how I can go about getting my laptop to detect and recognize my CDAQ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,857 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hunt_2197

The cDAQ-9133 is a controller so it won't show up on another computer. The controller is a computer. Connecting the controller to a monitor will allow you to use it as a computer.

Dane S.
Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,812 Views)

I figured that out three days ago talking to NI technical support.  What I've ended up doing is just running separate labview scripts on my cdaq and on my laptop and communicating via TCP, which works.

Thanks for the reply though.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,800 Views)

Hi,

@hunt_2197 wrote:

I figured that out three days ago talking to NI technical support.  What I've ended up doing is just running separate labview scripts on my cdaq and on my laptop and communicating via TCP, which works.

Thanks for the reply though.

Can you provide more details how were you able to to run both scripts.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,096 Views)