Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I print the block diagram on a single page?

I have Acrobat Distiller and I would like to create a pdf of my block diagram. It is a very large diagram and I can not find a way to create a singe page document. How can I do this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,694 Views)
Hello bradle95,
Just wanted to make sure that 'Scale block diagram to fit' option was checked while you were trying to print (or 'print to file' with Acrobat Distiller). Also, LabVIEW attempts to fit as much code as possible on a single page with this option checked. But there is a limit on how much can be fit on a single page. If this limit wasn't there, the block diagram might be shrunk way too much if it is very large and it might be difficult to read from it. So summarizing, if your code is too large, it might be difficult to fit all in a single page.
If you create subvis from your main vi, you can print each file separately and it will be easy to keep track of the code on different pages (as opposed to printing from a single large file on different
pages).
Also, LabVIEW gives you an option to create a html file. This file will fit all your block diagram on a single page (however big that might be) if the above mentioned option is checked. You can convert this html file to a pdf later-on. Also as mentioned above, it might be difficult to read from it on a standard 8x11 size paper.
I hope this helps. Again, thank you for choosing National Instruments!

Swapnil P.
National Instruments Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,694 Views)