Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

analog output voltage from UMI 7764??

I have already know the analog output voltage from the 7344 is+(-)10v, somebody said that the voltage from the 7764 is +(-)5v(right?),I can't find any material.anybody can tell me? Thanks a lot

sombody has mentioned it as follow:

The PCI - 7344 sends a -10V to +10V signal from the analog out when configured and pulses when configured as stepper. All other signals coming out of the controller, such as inhibit and Digital I/Os are 5V signals. If you are using the UMI series termination board then you will get a converted 24V logic output in case of UMI 7774 and unconverted 5V logic in case of UMI 7764. Do let me know if any more details are required. I'll be glad to help u out.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,076 Views)
Hi!,

I've tried to output voltage on analog output UMI 7764 but I can't see any voltage on voltimeter!!!,

I've read lots of posts before, but no results with "Load Dac.flx", no results using "long range from -32xxx to +32xxx values", and I've read a post in which is explained:

**************************************************************************************************************************************************
"It is possible to send analog output out of the same same DAC channel in which your stepper is connected, if you configure the stepper as open loop in MAX. I've tried it. This way you have the stepper output, analog output and encoder input acting independently. So you can use these seperately for different purposes, such as using the analog output for constant speed motors where speed or position control is not of much importance, encoder for positioning some other axes and stepper output for stepper control. With good programming skills, the NI motion controllers can thus be used for the most complex configurations. Great work NI !!! Nothing is impossible."
**************************************************************************************************************************************************

I've used the attached vi to test it, but it doesn't change the analog output.

Could anyone help me on it?

Thanks in advance!!!!Robot Mad
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,873 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,868 Views)
I have a PCI 7344 for motion control and the corresponding UMI for breakout.

I would like to use one of the analog outs on the UMI-7764 for the purpose of switching a solid state relay, so that I can turn on an AC power machine programmatically. The axis is configured as servo.  When I run the attached vi, I do not measure an output voltage.  Can anyone offer advice/help?  Im sure that it is something simple and I am only learning LabVIEW, but I have been searching previous posts am still little unsure.

Thanks in advance for any help
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,773 Views)