Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling a P70360 stepper drive with labview

I have a NEMA 23 stepper motor hooked up to a P70360 drive. I have the P70360 drive hooked up to my computer via serial port. I am able to use the software that came with the drive to control the stepper motor but I am trying to control the motor with labview. Is it possible to control the stepper motor with only labview and the P70360 drive? I have read a lot about motion controllers but I'm not sure if one is required or not (if I don't need a motion controller I would prefer not to buy one). Currently I have been trying to send direct commands to the drive via the serial port but with no luck. I am not even sure what commands to send the P70360 drive to get the stepper motor to move. All I need to do are simple rotations left and right with the stepper motor. I am very new to labview so any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,089 Views)

Hello,

Check out this forum post. A motion controller is going to be the easiest way to control the P70360. It looks like some people were able to hack into the serial commands needed to move the motor, but we do not have any "supported" methods outside of our motion controllers.

-Erik S

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,049 Views)