Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

target connection at launch

Solved!
Go to solution

Concern: VBAI2009, 2010 + Target (EVS RT, smart cam)

Hi,

I use NI target with VBAI 2010 on a vision system. When I launch the vision system, VBAI is opening on the home page (see picture) but I would like that VBAI connect directly on the smart camera (and open the inspection interface). Is it possible?

thanks for your help.

HomepageVBAI.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(4,369 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ExpertiseVision_UM

The only way to do this is to launch VBAI with command line arguments. (You could have a shortcut that has the command line arguments setup for you).

Here's what it would look like to launch into configuration mode:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Vision Builder AI 2010\Vision Builder.exe \config \target 169.256.0.2

you can use \pwd if you need to specify a password to access the target with the password string after this tag.

you can use \inspect instead of \config to go to inspection mode instead.

you can also use \nowelcomeonexit to avoid seeing the welcome dialog when closing Vision Builder AI.

You will be asked for an inspection to load when you go to either mode.

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(4,367 Views)

Hi

I have create a batch file with this code and ad it in the start programs.

start C:\"Program Files (x86)"\"National Instruments"\"Vision Builder AI 2010"\"Vision Builder.exe" \inspect \target 169.254.128.2

It works!!Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(4,344 Views)

Hi

I have create a batch file with this code and ad it in the start programs.

start C:\"Program Files (x86)"\"National Instruments"\"Vision Builder AI 2010"\"Vision Builder.exe" \inspect \target 169.254.128.2

It works!!Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(4,342 Views)

are there other tags available?  I'm hoping there is a way to define which inspection it should run.  I want a batch file to start 2 seperate instances of VBAI running different inspections.

Thanks!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(4,303 Views)

Not at this time. Another option would be to have a LabVIEW executable be your startup app and this exe could use the new API to control VBAI and this LV built exe could start two local VBAI Engines and run the inspections of interest.

Hope this helps,

Brad

Message 6 of 18
(4,297 Views)

I was actually able to do it after all.  Below is my batch file.  Thanks for the help!

@ECHO OFF
start C:\"Program Files"\"National Instruments"\"Vision Builder AI 2010"\"Vision Builder.exe" \inspect "C:\\Program Files\\National Instruments\\Vision Builder AI 2010\\Examples\\Tutorial 6 - State Diagram Looping.vbai" \nowelcomeonexit
start C:\"Program Files"\"National Instruments"\"Vision Builder AI 2010"\"Vision Builder.exe" \inspect "C:\\Program Files\\National Instruments\\Vision Builder AI 2010\\Examples\\Tutorial 5 - State Diagram Branching.vbai" \nowelcomeonexit

exit

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(4,284 Views)

Good day Mr. Brad,

Why isn't "\inspect" working for me? When I access "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Vision Builder AI 2010\Vision Builder.exe" it directs me toward the VBAI Welcome screen but when I add the "\inspect" in the command line, it gives me an error specified in the attached image. Thanks

Sincerely,

Andrei K.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(4,247 Views)

The position of the quotes is important. If you invoke this command from a command prompt, try the following:

"C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Vision Builder AI 2010\Vision Builder.exe" \inspect "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Vision Builder AI 2010\Examples\Tutorial 6 - State Diagram Looping.vbai" \nowelcomeonexit

-Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(4,244 Views)

Hello

I have a similar problem, but i only want to open the inspection that is running in the smart camera.

somebody know how can i do it?

regards from Mexico city

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(4,114 Views)