From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid LCD ROI.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I would like to select a ROI in an image and then use it to read the LCD number.

I attached below  the VI and an example of the image I want to use, could someone clarify why the VI is not working properly.

Thanks,

Zied

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,980 Views)

You need to provide an initial image with all seven segments active (black), in order to set up LCD reads.  Have a llok at the example included with LabVIEW.

LabVIEW\examples\Vision\3. Applications\LCD Example.vi

Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
Message 2 of 7
(4,963 Views)

Thank you for the advice, I tried with the image containing 4 eights , so the invalid ROI error disappeared but the green rectangle appeared small in the corner of the image. I tried to add "convert rectangle to ROI" to be able to modifine the ROI but the previous error appeared again.

You can find attached the picture containing the 4 eights.

Cheers,

Zied

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,954 Views)

If you go back to my original suggestion in the other post, you will have more success.  This LCD VI has very little in the way of documentation, and requires a huge ammount of preparation in order to work.

Download All
Message 4 of 7
(4,945 Views)

Thank you very much, I did as you said but strangely it gives a wrong number.

I put the modified vi with my dots cordinates and an example of image.

Cheers,

Zied

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,933 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ziedhosni

Two things you need to fix.

1.  The threshold value needs to be adapted to the black levels in your images.  10 is probably a good value.

2.  In the event that there is not digit displayed (in the tens place, for example), the index search returns -1 (not found) .  You need to check if the index value < 0 T/F, and if true, pass a zero, instead of -1.

Message 6 of 7
(4,917 Views)

Thank you very much it is working.Cat Happy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,909 Views)