From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine vision system

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Everybody,
I'm a student, and now i'm interning at a company that wants me to develop an industrial vision systeme.
I would like to ask you if i can use vision builder for automated inspection (VBAI) with the Labwindows/ CVI
If so, how? and what are the difficulties that may affect me?
THANK YOU for your help !
Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,585 Views)

Hi Everybody,
I'm a student, and now i'm interning at a company that wants me to develop an industrial vision systeme.
I would like to ask you if i can use vision builder for automated inspection (VBAI) with the Labwindows/ CVI
If so, how? and what are the difficulties that may affect me?
THANK YOU for your help !
Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,570 Views)

You can use the VBAI API which includes and LabVIEW, C, and dotNET interface for controlling and interacting with a Vision Builder AI engine.  Here's a video that demonstrates how to use the API to load inspections, run them, get results, images, and you can even set variable values to affect how the inspection runs.

http://www.ni.com/webcast/2060/en/

You can also find a shipping examples for CVI here:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\Vision Builder AI 2015\Examples\API Examples\CVI Examples

Hope that helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,580 Views)

I appreciate your answer,
I wanted that I use the Labview with the VBAI, but my supervisor wants me to use the CVI, although all the tutoriels are vision builder + CVI.
I didn't found argument how to convince him that using labview is better.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,567 Views)

You already posted this on the machine vision forum: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/Machine-vision-system/m-p/3574832

No need to post the same topic on multiple discussion boards. Use the Vision forum for this request.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,560 Views)

I would recommend you do what your supervisor wants. The programming language is a user preference, and either will work for communication with Vision Builder AI.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,541 Views)

Thank you Sir,
but i didn't understand the difference between VBAI and VBAI API ?
is VBAI API another software? or is it just a configuration that we make on the VBAI to generate for us a C code?
Best regards, 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,509 Views)

What about using ActiveX in the CVI ?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,497 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arrouma

ActiveX is no longer supported as a way to control Vision Builder.

Vision Builder (VBAI) is the configurable environment where you create your inspection.

VBAI API is the set of functions in LabVIEW, C, or dotNET that you can call to interact/control a Vision Builder Engine.

The Vision Builder Engine is the run time version of VBAI. It can run inspection and be controlled from the API function calls but users can't edit inspections with it or interact directly with it.

When you install VBAI, you have the option to include the API and this will also give you access to launching local VBAI engines or connecting to VBAI Engines running on targets.

Hope this helps clarify things.

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,491 Views)

Thank you a lot Mr Brad you have resolved my problem,
Just one more question , will i use VBAI API or C API to control or call my inspection ?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,451 Views)