LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there anyway to open multiple instances of a dll?

Thank you,

In fact I received the original Labview wrapper DLL from camera provider. So it will be easier for me to work in the source of this code rather then to rewrite all the code, so I will ask for the source code provision and I will try your way as soon as I have the source.

Virginia

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(2,038 Views)

Hi,

i also have same problem with dll. I have to communicate with multiple nr. of devices(5-8) in Parallel using LAN interface.I have designed my process like below:

Framework (for inilialization, UI, and loading subpanel)-->AsynCallreentrant.vi ( call the nr of instances (clones) using Asyn node) --> Subvi (reentrant execution Vi Property and dll call).

If i call the same dll using for example subvi:1(clone), subvi:2(clone),..and so on, then only one device works properly and other returns the error. How to solve this problem??

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,934 Views)

Get the DLL developer and beat him with your keyboard or anything else that comes handy for making a non-reentrant DLL! Smiley LOL

More sincerely, if you can't get the developer to change the DLL so it can be called reentrantly you will have to create as many copies of the DLL as you need instances and call them all individually with a VI with adapted library name.

By the way, this is not the LabVIEW forum and you should have placed your request rather there instead of appending it to not only a barely related problem but also a different software.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,929 Views)

Thank you for the quick response.Sorry for posting here again. Is wrapper also a copy of same dll? 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,920 Views)

Copy the dll with a different name, and load the dll with the different name as second instance.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(899 Views)