From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

title bar multbyte language text

Hi,

I'm setting up a new application framework for the re design an existing application to work in both English and Chinese and any future language for that matter.

I have sorted the localization of the panels and how to change the text in the various controls at runtime and this all works just fine. The only problem I'm having is the title bar on the Message Popups and the title bars of the panels.

Firstly the panels, even if I localize the title string with the translation tool into the .lwl file when I run the application it is not using the correct character set. I have a similar issue with the MessagePopup box, if I call

SetSystemPopupsAttribute(ATTR_TEXT_CHARACTER_SET, VAL_GB2312_CHARSET);

MessagePopup("\xba\xc9", "\xba\xc9");

Then I see what in the attachment, the message text is correct but the title is not.

Has anyone hade a similar issue and solved this problem?

Thanks Mark

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,263 Views)

Hi Mark

Could you write and include a small example problem that demonstrates the problem?

Thanks James

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,155 Views)

Dear Friend,

Could you do me a favor and tell me how to translate those run-time message into Chinese since I have to localize our GUI into Chinese?

For .uirs, I could translate them correctly by localization tool. However, I do not know how to translate those popout messages or run-time messages.

Thanks a lot,

James

Email: xiaohong_ouyang@arxtron.com

Tel: 647-786-8600

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,623 Views)

This article should be able to help you with that, especially the third paragraph.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,522 Views)

For your own messages that are not stored in the runtime messages file here is what I do:  I paste the Chinese into Word, and then "Save As" a plain .txt file.  It then provides a "File Encoding" dialog where I select "Other encoding" as shown below.

encoding.PNG

"Chinese simplified GB2312" has worked fine for me, but I know nothing about Chinese 😉

Your text file will look like a mess (at least on my English version of Windows it does) but those strings render as Chinese in your CVI app on a Chinese version of Windows.  Be careful about string lengths, of course!

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,513 Views)

Thank you very much for the valable information.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,511 Views)

Hi,

5 years later I still have the same problem and have not found a solution yet. I have an application with texts in different languages, language is changeable at runtime. With the Chinese texts everything except for the titlebar works fine. What have you done to show the Chinese texts also in the titlebar?

Thanks,

Marion

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,131 Views)