Low Level Support driver not found

Solved!
Go to solution

Well, That's OK, Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,653 Views)

Hi helloPete,

From what I understand, the use of the inp and outp ( functions in CVI are not useable on 64 bit operating systems as is mentioned in this KB

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,637 Views)

Thanks for the answer. I have given up the try on 64bit system, and reinstall my PC to Win7 32bit. So far the program works fine but waste my new 8G memory. 😞

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,624 Views)

Hi, Haywac, this issue was solved or not? I repeated the same problem you observed, I installed different release packages of Win7 32bit system, some release can work fine with the CVILowLevelSupportDriverLoaded command and return 1, someothers returned 0. I think there must be some different between the win7 32bit releases. or caused by different windows updates, who knows. really an aweful story on this command.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,606 Views)

I don't know why you want to use the paralle port and what you intend to use it for, but if I were you I'd search for any alternative that doesn't rely on inp and outp.

As of my experience, 32-bit systems are becoming a rarity and several systems on the market don't even have a parallel port onboard. Additionally, I don't feel happy in having to unnecessarily run an application with administrative privileges. Considering that several cheap digital I/O boards exist, I wonder if purchasing one of them isn't better than spending time in installing/configuring/testing/modifying the systme without warranty it can be actually used and survive periodic OS updates.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(1,598 Views)

Thanks for the answer. About 10 years before. I use this function to achieve about 1MHz pulse to realtime control a step motor. Recently, I tried three kinds of PCI boards, they all use command instead of realtime pulse control. Have to goback to this old function. Will try the other solutions.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,594 Views)