LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what would cause a subvi to show its FP even when it is set not to show (default setting)?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a subvi that suddenly decided to show itself even when instructed not to.  What kinds of things would cause this?

Thanks!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,717 Views)

Code inside the subvi, outside code with vi ref and invoke node, Call setup (r-click the dropped sub-vi), or VI properties.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 2 of 13
(2,715 Views)

@billko wrote:

I have a subvi that suddenly decided to show itself even when instructed not to.  What kinds of things would cause this?

How did you "instruct it not to"?

In addition to Yameada's points above: Does the VI have a breakpoint or is set to suspend when called?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,710 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@billko wrote:

How did you "instruct it not to"?

In addition to Yameada's points above: Does the VI have a breakpoint or is set to suspend when called?

What I meant was, it was originally set to the default setting (don't display the front panel when called) and when I noticed it suddenly happening, I tried custom settings and specifically told it not to.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,695 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

Code inside the subvi, outside code with vi ref and invoke node, Call setup (r-click the dropped sub-vi), or VI properties.

/Y

I never thought about the call setup.  Let me check that out - although it's weird that it suddenly started happening, maybe I changed it somehow accidentally.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,693 Views)

The node setup on the caller is set not to show the front panel, and the breakpoint manager reports no breakpoints in the entire project.

Could an error condition of some sort cause this?  I didn't write the code and there's plenty to dislike about it.  😞

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,682 Views)

Does it still do it if you place the subVI into a new, blank VI? If so, can you attach the subVI?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,678 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Does it still do it if you place the subVI into a new, blank VI? If so, can you attach the subVI?

Hi, Alt:

It seems to work fine when placed into a new VI.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,667 Views)

I don't see anything unusual. Do you have a "*.sep" file?

Which of the subVIs is popping the panel in your case?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,664 Views)

billko wrote:

It seems to work fine when placed into a new VI.

Then it is your calling VI.  If you right-click on your subVI call, there is a subVI node setup.  Make sure the "Show front panel when called" is unchecked.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 10 of 13
(2,644 Views)