LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resetting cursor lists programmatically

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to clear the cursor list that is on my graph programmatically.  When I wire an empty array to the property cursorlist, it does not work and the cursors remian in the listing on the display.  Anybody know how to do this programmatically? 

Message 1 of 31
(4,677 Views)

Don't use an empty array, just an array with all zeros. In other words, enter a zero somewhere in that array to initialize the constant.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 31
(4,664 Views)

Thanks, but that leaves me with a cursor entry with no name at a zero position which is better than what I had.  I cant believe there is no way to do this....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 31
(4,646 Views)

In LV 2009 it works just fine.

I submited a request to get an Ae to look at this and file the bug report.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 31
(4,638 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author id

I dont know this for sure, but you may want to look at the other prSmiley Surprisedoperties like annotation lists...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 31
(4,633 Views)

@id wrote:

I dont know this for sure, but you may want to look at the other prSmiley Surprisedoperties like annotation lists...

Please forgive but who was that that comment aimed at and are you hinting at more issues?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 31
(4,632 Views)

Hi id, this is Paul with Applications Engineering at National Instruments

I have been working on this issue, and it appears that there is a bug with it, which I will be filing shortly as a Corrective Action Report.

In the mean time, I have found a work around for you.

Follow these steps:

1.  Place a Flat Sequence around your CrsrList Property

2.  Add a frame to the flat structure

3.  Create a copy of the CrsrList Property in the second frame

4.  In the first frame, create a constant from the CrsrList Property.  Place a space (or any character)in the name string of index

5.  In the second frame, create a constant from the CrsList Property, but leave it empty.

6.  Run program, observe list cleared

For some reason the list has to be emptied out before it can be cleared.  I'm not sure why, and again I will be submitting a CAR on this.

Please see the attached screen shot, and a copy of your VI before I ran the fix.

cursor clear work around.png

Paul Davidson
National Instruments
Product Owner - ni.com Chat
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 31
(4,575 Views)

Please delete the attached file from your forum

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 31
(4,568 Views)

Hey guys, I have filed this as a CAR 290464

id, did that workaround work for you?

Also, I do not have permissions to delete files from the forums.  Why do you need the file deleted?  

Paul Davidson
National Instruments
Product Owner - ni.com Chat
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 31
(4,562 Views)

Cleaner version of the workaround.  Empty Cursor just has a space for the name.

EmptyCursorList.png

Message 10 of 31
(4,548 Views)