LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

polymorphic VI / Select Type (small bug ?)

My english is not good enough to explain all this, so i prefer to use a picture

I think this behavior is not correct   (small bug ?)

this problem is about the use of a polymorphic vi and the "Select Type" command.
(my polymorphic vi in attached file)

for a quick test -----> QUICK_TEST.vi 

original5.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,082 Views)

This is the same basic issue that has plagued LV2011.  If you get to your broken state and force a re-compile by holding the CTRL key when you press the run button, the VI will heal itself.  There have been numerous examples of LV2011 not automatically recompiling correctly, many of which are linked to in the various bug threads.

Message 2 of 7
(3,068 Views)

Hello ouadji,

Can you provide me with your contact details so that I can file this bug internally under your name?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,033 Views)
Hello Ouadji, I just saw that I didn't yet post the CAR number. So here it is: 354827 Thanks for your debugging efforts!
Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
Message 4 of 7
(3,001 Views)

CAR 354827 discussed in this thread has been fixed in LabVIEW 2013. For a more complete list of bugs fixed in LabVIEW 2013, check the LabVIEW 2013 Bug Fixes. You can download an evaluation copy of LabVIEW 2013 at http://www.ni.com/trylabview/ or if you have an earlier version of LabVIEW installed and an active SSP subscription, you will be able to download the latest version of LabVIEW through NI Update Service.

Jeff Peacock

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments

Message 5 of 7
(2,917 Views)

CAR 354827 discussed in this thread has been fixed in LabVIEW 2013

pouce_levé.gif

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,909 Views)

Thanks Jeff for updating the post!

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,882 Views)