LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to split sound from a mpeg video file?

Hi,

Can anybody suggest how to split audio from video file? Any external software which supports lab VIEW in case of no direct support from Lab VIEW to split from MPEG file? And also how to convert wav format using labview?

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,917 Views)

Hi Karkera,

You cannot directly use MPEG files in LabVIEW. You need to convert them into an AVI file.

As far as why we use AVI as our video file format, this is due to the fact that AVI is a container format, so it is easier for LabVIEW to interpret data from the video container.

If you still need to use MPEG file - I suggest using a 3rd party component and calling it through the ActiveX container.

For an example application that is very similar to your application, check out this.  It reads sound from the sound card instead of a DAQ device, and analyzes the data instead of storing it, but modification should be relatively simple once you understand how it works (which admittedly is not simple).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,895 Views)

Hello Karkera,

ffmpeg.exe called with system_exec.vi is an option.

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,893 Views)

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your response. To access avi in labview which toolkit I need to use? And to convert mpeg to avi again I should use third party software right? Actually I am not much expertise in vedio and audio stuffs with labview.

Suppose if the video is from a camera(real time continuos mode), what can be the solution.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,888 Views)

Hi Karkera, 

Are you capturing data or reading from a file? If so where is the sound coming into play? 

The NI vision toolkit contains the tools you need to read avi files. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,873 Views)

Hi,

Does vision supports to split audio from video?

I use both, a video file or video from a camera which contains sounds too.

I use labview 7.1. so Does vision supports labview7.1? Because i tried installing but could not get it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,868 Views)

Hi Karkera,

See if this helps: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-13856.

As for Vision Development Module, check the compatibility of your module version with LabVIEW version using this table: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/244E6DDF9A92A6CD8625730100629047

Good day.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,857 Views)

Hi,

Is it possible to use avi features of labview to split and read/extract audio from a AVI video file without making use of third party softwares like ffmpeg? Lets consider my avi video file has both audio and video embedded. Can anybody elaborate this topic if you have any idea?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,802 Views)

I am interested,too. I may be blind but I cannot see any VIs in the vision kit to handle the audio portion of a AVI file.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,724 Views)

Vision toolkit doesn't support for audio extraction from video. Better you try with third part software.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,718 Views)