LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get status of target system battery level

Hi,

I want to get the current battery percentage on the target system with labview.  Does anyone have DLL that I can use, or can someone please help me.  The target system connected to the Host system running labVIEW via TCP/IP.

thanks,

John

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(4,551 Views)

Dear RavensFan,

Thanks for the link, it is a good starts for me, could you show me how I access the windows library kernel32.dll on the target system that connected via TCP/IP from "Call library function node" in labview.

thank you so much.

Jonh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(4,511 Views)

I'm not clear on what is the target system you are referring to.

The VI reads the battery level for whatever PC the VI is running on.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(4,475 Views)

Hi

you will have to run the vi on the target (RT) and then get the values from RT to your PC via TCP/IP.

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(4,469 Views)

The DLL is Windows only though....

What target are we talking about? Is it a RT Desktop? A Windows Laptop?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(4,467 Views)

oh yes! the dll is for Windows.

for RT, i remember there were some vis on the RT which gave the memory used and memory free. not remember exactly which one that was.

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(4,465 Views)

I'm sorry to confuse everyone here, I'm completely new to the programming.

To make it clear, I have a host system running a LabVIEW and measures the temperature on the target system (laptop).  The question I have, I want to use the LabVIEW to reads the battery percentages on the target system not on the host system, any suggestion/pointer/advice are greately appreciated.

thank you,

John

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(4,429 Views)

You need to have the battery check VI run on the laptop.  Then you can pass the information to your host system by way of network shared variables.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(4,418 Views)

You need to have the battery check VI run on the laptop.  Then you can pass the information to your host system by way of network shared variables.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(4,418 Views)