LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fpga: ERROR:sim - Input_Depth: Invalid value 'xxxx'.

Sometimes I'm getting this error: 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LabVIEW FPGA: The compilation failed due to a xilinx error.

Details:
ERROR:sim - Input_Depth: Invalid value '536870912'.
ERROR:sim - Failed to initialize fifo_generator_v5_3 IP model.
Input_Depth: Invalid value '536870912'.
ERROR:sim - Unable to configure IP model for generator
'implementation_netlist_generator'.
ERROR:sim - Failed to generate 'builtinfifocorefpgawfifon3'.
Unable to configure IP model for generator
'implementation_netlist_generator'.
ERROR:sim:554 - Error found during execution of IP builtinfifocorefpgawfifon3
(Fifo Generator version 5.3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The error can occur when I make small changes to a VI.

The strange thing is that the disappears when a copy all the content of the VI to a new one.

Has anyone experienced the same thing? What could the problem be?

//Anton

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,856 Views)

I got exactly the same error message today.  I have no idea what the error message means, but copying the entire VI into a new VI fixed the problem.

Message 2 of 7
(4,686 Views)

@dr2 wrote:

I got exactly the same error message today.  I have no idea what the error message means, but copying the entire VI into a new VI fixed the problem.

Worked for me.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,598 Views)

Hey all,

We've seen an increasing number of customers report this since LV 2011 released, but have been unable to reliably reproduce the error in house since moving the project to another computer also seems to fix the error. If you do see this again, I want to inform you of a much simpler work-around. If you go to the properties page of each of your FIFOs, Change the "Control Logic" setting to something other than "Target Optimal". This has resolved the issue in other reported cases. Are any of you experiencing this issue in LabVIEW 2012? According to the CAR (corrective action request) on the bug, it should be fixed there.

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,586 Views)

My problem was/is happening in LabVIEW 2011

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,580 Views)

Hi,

This has happened to me before. What I usually do is delete the FIFOs (remove from project) and re-create them. Copy and pasting to a new VI or project as mentioned above works as well but I find it easier to just re-create the FIFOs.

-jeff  

--
Jeffrey Lee
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,467 Views)

@jblee wrote:

Hi,

This has happened to me before. What I usually do is delete the FIFOs (remove from project) and re-create them. Copy and pasting to a new VI or project as mentioned above works as well but I find it easier to just re-create the FIFOs.

-jeff  

It works.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,630 Views)