LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't open the old project since the report generation vi changed.

OK I think I see your problem now. You are working on computers. One with LV 7.1, and one with a newer version 8.xx. On the computer running LV 8.xx you have a additional toolkit installed. This toolkit is called NI LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit for Microsoft Office. I do not know if this toolkit is available in labview 7.1. But this is the source of your problem. Then install a toolkit in LV you install it to a labview version. If you are running two LV versions and have  installed the toolkit to LV 8.xx. Then  LV 7.1 will not know about this toolkit  

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 11 of 14
(676 Views)

t06afre,

i hv install the toolkit when i use the labVIEW7.1 PC. and can not find the vis in Ravens Fan's pic. 

Ravens Fan,

there no excel or word in my lv pc now. you means i should install office first? then i can try it later.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(658 Views)

Smiley Sad

i installed office just now,and reinstall the report toolkit ,but the office vis are still missing....

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(655 Views)

Smiley Happythank you for answering my questions.

i  have already solve the problem.

it seems that the report toolkit must be installed in the same directory as labview...

below is my directory:

old----------D:\Program Files\Report Generation\

new--------C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\

after reinstall in the new directory, i finally found the excel vis in my function palette(see the attached file.) 

then i try to uninstall the office and  found the excel funcion doesnt work (althouth it can be found in the palette).

so office program is also need to be installed.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(648 Views)