LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't open the old project since the report generation vi changed.

when i open an old file(executable before) , i found the vis (in pic.1)  is not executable.

and cannot find the corresponding icon in the functions palette(see pic.2).

how can i get the old vi ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,336 Views)

note:

the vis in the function palette now(see pic2) is almost in bule colour, and have no vis about excel

while i remenber the vis before is almost in white colour. and there are some vis to deal with excel files.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,335 Views)

Are you now running a newer version of LabVIEW? If you are, did you reinstall the report generation toolkit? Old toolkits are not automatically moved to a new version. You might also need to upgrade the toolkit to one that supports your new version of LabVIEW.

p.s. In the future, please try not to attach files in a proprietary format. I know that most of the world uses Microsoft word but it's usually much simpler to just attach the images instead of pasting them into one file and then attaching that file.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 12-10-2008 09:21 PM
Message 3 of 14
(3,329 Views)

hi dennis,

my version is labVIEW7.1, which is the same version as i used before.

i had already try to uninstall the report  generation and then reinstall again.

but not sure the report generation version is the same.

could you show me how to find the right version of report generation ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,310 Views)
Here is one thing you can try. From my point of view it looks like you need to preform a Relink to subVI. Right click on the VI and select menue option Relink to subVI.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,295 Views)

thank you.

but when i relink the sub vi, it appears broken line ,the input port dosn't match. it seems caused by the vi version mismatch.

i cant find the original toolkit version i used.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,289 Views)

Then look at the VI documentation, and find out what is wrong, correct it. Should not be to hardSmiley Very Happy. Perhaps you can take a deep dive into the documentation VI and change it. These functions are not holy grails. Just remember not to overwrite the old function

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,277 Views)

Smiley Tonguesorry, my problem is that i can't find the vis to edit excel files(see the pic1) in my function palette 

if the tookit is the same as before, it shouldn't modify the "broken wire"  .

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,270 Views)
Is your problem that have these VIs in your block diagram, but you can not find them in your palette? Then is is not a problem ;). They have to come from somewhere on your disk.  It is a simple task to edit your palettes
Message Edited by t06afre on 12-11-2008 07:13 AM

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,252 Views)
For some reason they are missing.  Do you have Word and Excel still installed on the LabVIEW PC? 
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,240 Views)