LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

block diagram messed up

Hi all, 

The formating of the block diagram is messed up, I can't see some parts of it. The front panel is fine. I am using labview 2014 with windows 7 now, but the program was design with labview 2013 with windows 7. Any suggestion what should I do to solve the problem?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,222 Views)

Messed up is not a technical term, post what you mean with images demonstrating this.  Does it happen in other versions of LabVIEW? Does this happen on other machines? Does this happen on all VIs?  Was it always like this?  What changed when this started happening? Post the VI.  Can you roll back in SCC and does a previous copy also behave like this?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,206 Views)

I tried with both window and mac, and they are all messed up, mac was worse. I attatched the VI below. Thanks for your quick response. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,192 Views)

I also tried to clean up a little bit myself, all I did was clean the wires, but I still can't see the full block diagram. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,184 Views)

Wow you are in trouble my friend.  Something happened to where it looks like the maximum front panel, and block diagram size has been reached.  

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/62D66358BBF8A87186256FC50077FA17

This can cause very strange behavior and block diagram cleanup can't be used.

I don't think yoiu are going to be able to restore your VI without reverint to a previous copy in SCC.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,162 Views)

Sorry I am new to labview, what do you mean by "reverint to a previous copy in SCC"

Is there anyway I can solve the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,134 Views)

We are hopefully assuming you have this code in a Software Code Control, like Tortiose SVN, GIT, Mercurial, etc.  That way you can revert to the last version that worked.  This has nothing to do with LabVIEW other than the fact that you should be storing your code in an SCC.

As your VI is now, you cannot do anything.  You need to go back to a previous copy.  If Hooovahh is correct in that your block diagram size went that large, then you really need to rethink your architecture, create subVI, and/or just do some general cleaning up of the code.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,124 Views)

@Liu9079 wrote:

Sorry I am new to labview, what do you mean by "reverint to a previous copy in SCC"

Is there anyway I can solve the problem?

Oh sorry it was a typo I meant "Revert to a previous copy in SCC" which is to mean get an older copy of your source from source code control.  The fact that you are posting here looking for help, makes me believe you have no backup copy of the source.  LabVIEW sould not have done what it did, but in the future having proper SCC and regular backups can prevent this from happening again.  These types of issues are hard for NI to debug and fix because they can't reproduce the event that messed up your VI.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,119 Views)

The current versions of both OS X and Windows should have some built-in automatic backup. It's not a replacement for SCC and I don't know what logic it uses for when to back up files, but it can sometimes be used to get out of situations like these. In Windows, you can access this by right clicking the file and selecting Restore previous versions. This will bring up a dialog where you can see versions that were saved for you and can try to open one of them.

(4,079 Views)

Oh and another way you may have an accidental backup.  When LabVIEW crashes and there are unsaved changes, the temporary VI will be saved to <My Documents>\LabVIEW Data\LVAutoSave  Some times you can find a backup of a previously unsaved crash there.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,046 Views)