From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Write A Single Number To A Single Excel Cell

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using Labview 2013 SP1 with the Microsoft Report Generator and I can't figure out how to write one DP number to one specific cell on an Excel spreadsheet. I have no problem writing arrays of numbers to specific ranges of cells, formatting cells, writing titles, using templates, everything I need except being able to write one number to one specific cell. All the vi's that write numbers seem to demand 2D arrays for inputs. I must be missing something, but I think I've gone through every vi in the MRG pallette and found nothing.

Any help/examples greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,062 Views)
Can you specify a 2D array with just one row and one column?

Alternatively you can use the ActiveX interface to excel.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,055 Views)

I agree with Mike, if you use the Report Generation Toolkit convert the single value to a one row one column 2D array.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,046 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kilo_Watts

... and you probably know that the easiest way to do this is with Build Array, twice.

Make 2D Array.png

Note the lines getting "thicker" going left to right.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,028 Views)

Thanks to all who responded.

A "bogus" array seems to be the way to go. Odd that with all the power of MRG such a simple task requires a workaround. Oh well, the important thing is that it works an I'm sure this will. The double Build Array is clever, I probably would have gone for the Initialize Array, but the double is easier.

Thanks again....

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,972 Views)

It will help other readers of the Forum who might have the same question to ask if you would mark the Solution.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,957 Views)

Done, thanks.....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,939 Views)