LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add folders to build

I have a fairly substantial program that requires info in a tree of sub folders. I'm trying to get these automatically copied to the build folder when I build but can't seem to do it. If under source files I move the required folders to the always included box, it tries to dump all the files and subfolders into the build folder destroying the file structure. If I go to source file settings, I can assign the folders to destinations I created earlier, but I can't change the "Include if referenced" condition so that they don't get moved as they aren't explicitly referenced. If I try to do both, the files end up in the designated folders but the directory structure is scrambled with some of the files put n data# subdirectories. This should be a trivial task!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,422 Views)

I think the structure is based on what the structure looks like in your project windown, not on disk.  So if you have a flat structure in your project window, your installer will default to the flat structure.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,416 Views)

You will have to explicitly define the folders as destinations in the build and then specify the destination for each file.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,414 Views)

Back up a minute!

What type of build spec requiers this directory structure?  A Source Distibution?  That makes sense and the App builder will do exactly what you want easilly so, that CANNOT be what you meant

An Application?  the app does not need "Folders"  unless you are calling vi's dynamically by absolute paths (usually a mistake on the developers part)  Nothing but the application itself should be able to touch the application's dependancies (so they get built into the application--- tada)

You need to be a bit clearer about exactly what you are trying to do and why you feel your output is not correct for you.  (then we can understand and teach you what concept you missed):smileywink:

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,410 Views)

tried that - can't specify destination of folders in a an application build unless you use source file settings. You can in an installer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,391 Views)

In order for the build to run, it needs the folders in the correct location. I can move them by hand, but it doesn't seem to me that I should have to. I can put them where they belong in an installer.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,389 Views)

@rossu wrote:

In order for the build to run, it needs the folders in the correct location. I can move them by hand, but it doesn't seem to me that I should have to. I can put them where they belong in an installer.

That really is the point of the installer.  The EXE build just does that, makes an executable for you to use.  The installer is meant to put it where you want it and supply anything that the executable needs.  I see this as normal behavior.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,383 Views)