cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access file in rt

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

i have a NI PXI 8196 RT controller,  connected with two FPGA and the host computer. While doing my simulations, i want to save some data. I would like to save the data in the RT, so I open a txt file, write to it and then close it. But since I open it in the RT controller, i cannot save it in the host computer, i save it in the RT. So my question is, how do i have access to this file afterwards? After all the LabVIEW simulation is done, i want to have the results...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,809 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author joanci

Hello joanci,

You'll want to use FTP (or as of 2013, maybe WebDAV) to retrieve the file manually or set up an automatic transfer once you're done logging.  If you don't mind doing it manually, here are a few options to get you started:

A) Using the Web Interface - just navigate to the RT target's IP address in an internet browser and you'll be able to navigate the file hierarchy and snag what you need.  You do need to install remote configuration support and the FTP server on the target for this to work, and some firewalls will block this. 

B) Through MAX.  There is a "Transfer Files" option if you right-click the target.

C) With a third-party FTP client. Windows explorer can perform this duty, in a pinch, but there are more than a few other options.

Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,794 Views)

Hi,

thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,791 Views)

How could I do it programmatically? Manually is Ok, but having to look for the file and then rename it is tedious...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,789 Views)

Hello joanci,

The LabVIEW FTP VIs are probably what you're looking for.  Be aware that end-of-line characters can change between operating systems, so you'll want to make an educated decision on if you want to transfer the files as ASCII (default, I believe) or raw binary data- there's a flag on the get/set functions.

Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,780 Views)