LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform Graph

Hi guys, I want to realize a waveform graph that visualize the two signals (an array with the frequency information and another one with Amplitude information) that I have as inputs like in the figure attached.

Can you suggest me a way to do it? I tried with the build array function but it doesn't work.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,726 Views)
Instead of a normal waveform graph, it looks like you want to use an XY Graph. Just look at the Context Help window when you are on the block diagram to get details on how it should be wired.
Message 2 of 12
(2,720 Views)

Hi you can use an XY graph for the purpose. attached an example

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
Message 3 of 12
(2,718 Views)

Hi guys. First of all thank you both for the reply. Well before to post I tried the XY graph but the result is shown in the figure.

The first For cicle give me the Freq and the Amplitude values but with three 0 at the end of the vector. I removed the three 0 with the second cicle.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,704 Views)
None of that makes any sense. Silly to pass the arrays through a for loop and silly to use a build array. Did you even look at the Context Help?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,700 Views)

Hi Dennis, I have corrected the VI removing the second for loop by inserting Delete From Array Function.

Yep I saw the context help but I dunno how to solve the problem 😞

EDIT: i mean i know that it is a problem of array but i don't know how to change them in dimension

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,697 Views)
What function does the Context Help tell you to use to create an XY Graph?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,694 Views)

It says:

the tipe of the source is 2-D array of double

The tipe of the sink is 1-D array of claster of 2 elements

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,689 Views)
That is the error message - not the Context Help. You need to move to the block diagram and move the mouse right over the graph terminal.

Reading the error message will also give you a big clue, though 'claster' is not quite correct.;)

This is really basic stuff. You should know how to use help and how to create an XY Graph after taking the tutorials.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,687 Views)

Dennis can you give me an example because I don't understand where the problem is.

I think that the error is given by the fact that my array is displayed as column instead of row

EDIT:sorry my mistake!!!I used the build array instead of the bundle!!!crap!!! It was driving me crazy!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,679 Views)