LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing wave form data

I have 10 txt files that incude data gathered during a test recently ran. The data is tab delimited and incudes time stamps. What I would like to do is read in all the files and append them to show the entire wave form in labview. Can this be done and if so do es anyone have an example. Thank you all in advance
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,184 Views)
You should be able to do something similar to what I've shown in the attachment. Read From Spreadsheet File is inside a for loop that will read all files based on a array of paths. Take the output and use Build Array with a shift register and wire that to a Graph. Depending on how the actual text files are formatted, you may have to process the arrays before plotting. If you were to attach a sample of one of the data files, you might get some additional help on that.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,175 Views)
You should be able to read the individual files , append each file data to an array, then save the array using the "write to spread sheet file.vi"

If the files alread have the same format, you simply read the individual files data as a string, then save to a new file, appending to the file with each save. see attached vi
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,171 Views)