LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control panel and Function panel are empty

The Control Panel and Functions Palettes are both blank. How do I repropagate the panels with all related icons? LabVIEW repair does not repropagate panels. Thank You!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,356 Views)
Did the palettes ever have something in them, or is this a new install.

First try just selecting a different menu setup. This should tell us if it's a bad menu file or all the vi.lib files have disappeared.

If that doesn't do it, open your file browser and navigate to "...National Instrument/LabVIEW X.X/vi.lib" and look in the sub directories and see if there are any files. Most of what's in the palettes comes from the vi.lib directory. If there's nothing in there, I'd do a complete uninstall, then reinstall and see of that takes care of it.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
Message 2 of 3
(2,347 Views)

@Ed Dickens wrote:
Did the palettes ever have something in them, or is this a new install.

First try just selecting a different menu setup. This should tell us if it's a bad menu file or all the vi.lib files have disappeared.

If that doesn't do it, open your file browser and navigate to "...National Instrument/LabVIEW X.X/vi.lib" and look in the sub directories and see if there are any files. Most of what's in the palettes comes from the vi.lib directory. If there's nothing in there, I'd do a complete uninstall, then reinstall and see of that takes care of it.

Ed

Thanks Ed,
Didn't want to reload at the time, and couldn't later because I didn't have a CDROM available for my laptop at the location. I checked the dirs as you suggested - all intact. I compared some of the settings with LabVIEW on another machine and found the Paths/Library directory to be pointing to the Windows system directory instead of the LabVIEW 7.1 directory. Changed path and all is well. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,283 Views)