LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Properties, Execution, Reentrant execution Tutorial

Is there a tutorial, how-to guide, or documentation about how reentrant VIs work, their requirements, and/or gotchas (prior to 8.5 improvements)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,683 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,658 Views)
Yes. I think the type of reentrancy was new in 8.5. Information about the mechanics is beneficial but I actually want something like a checklist that covers what a reentrant VI should or shouldn't do to work right/best.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,648 Views)

I used reentrant VIs in two of my Nuggets (Occurences and Save-Restore) and the side-bar discusions chased down most of the challenges of using them.

You can find them here and here.

The only other note I can offer is that if you single step into a reentrant call (in LV 8.2 or 8.5 ?) and stopped the VI, LV would crash. THe work-around was to back out of the sub-VI call and then stop.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 6
(6,636 Views)
By "side-bar" discussions do you mean the 58 replies to each Nugget?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,597 Views)

d.w.b wrote:
By "side-bar" discussions do you mean the 58 replies to each Nugget?

Yes sir!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,579 Views)